tour of the most representative places of the city of Curico.
You can visit places like the Plaza de Armas, the Condell
hill and the Church National Monument San Francisco, among
Curico, 200 meters above sea level, is the provincial capital
with a communal population estimated at 114,000 inhabitants
(over 70% located in the city itself), distributed in 1328.8
km², which represents 18.2 % of the province, and 4.4%
of the regional territory.
Curico won the city title in 1830. Today it is the center
of communications, supply and commercial transactions in
neighboring agribusiness, which is revealed in its attractive
and thriving commercial center. The Plaza de Armas is one
of the most beautiful in Chile. Declared typical zone in
1986, is known as "the square of palms" for their
60 copies of Phoenix canariensis that surround it. It has
a large cast iron kiosk, worked in the style of New Orleans,
built in Santiago in 1905. It also has a lot of old trees
classified and pools with sculptures of national and international
In the western corner are the walls of the old Mother Church,
damaged by an earthquake in 1985. A few blocks south of
the Plaza de Armas is the Iglesia del Carmen, which has
three naves, highlighting its central nave barreled, decorated
with columns and capitals carved in stone.
A few blocks east, and across the Alameda, is the San Francisco
Church, belonging to the Franciscan order. The convent was
originally raised in 1731 in an area now called Old Convent.
After the founding of the city, due to severe damage to
an earthquake, the convent and church moved to its current
location in 1758. The present church began in 1880 and was
inaugurated in 1904, in a building of Gothic style, arches,
slender tower and simple interior, where the Virgen de la
Velilla, only existing replica of the Virgen del Santuario
de Mata, Monte Agudo, extracted from Spain in 1734 is saved.
Ask about departure times, availability, values and special